YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 7 HOURS 15 MINS
- 1 lb. Booze Dogs’ Bratwurst, either bourbon, gin, or rum (slice into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook selected Booze Dogs Bratwurst over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, beef broth, beans, red pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the pasta, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.