Bourbon Brat & Pepper Sub Sandwhich
YIELDS: 5 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 lb. (5 links) of Booze Dogs’ Bluetick Bourbon Bratwurst (pre-cooked)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup green sweet pepper strips (1 medium)
- 1 cup red sweet pepper strips (1 medium)
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded provolone cheese
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 5 hoagie buns
- Grill Booze Dogs’ Bluetick Bourbon Bratwurst until sizzling or split, turn frequently.
- In a large skillet add the oil, green and red sweet peppers, and onion. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Cut each bratwurst into 8 “coins” slices (~40 in total). Add bourbon bratwurst slices to skillet and then add the salad dressing. Stir and mix in skillet, heat thoroughly.
- Heat marina sauce to a simmer in a separate small pot
- Toast roll halves 4 inches from the heat of a broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Place bratwurst slices on rolls. Add peppers, drizzle marinara sauce, and lightly sprinkle the provolone cheese, as desired.