Rum Infused Burritos or Tacos
YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOURS 0 MINS
- 1 lb. of Booze Dogs’ Jolly Rover Rum Burger
- 1 cup chopped red onion (1 large)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon medium or hot chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 recipe Guacamole or frozen avocado dip, thawed
- Bottles salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet cook 1 pound of Booze Dogs’ Jolly Rover Rum Burger, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in water, chili powder, cumin
- Cook about 5 minutes or until most of water has evaporated
- Remove from heat. Stir in cooked rice.
- Concurrently, wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350ºF oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Scoop approximately ½ cup of filling onto each tortilla just below the center. Top filling with cheese and tomato.
- Fold burrito and secure with toothpicks
- Burritos only, skip for tacos: Arrange burritos on a baking sheet, fold side down.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and discard toothpicks. Serve warm burritos on lettuce with Guacamole and salsa.