YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINSTOTAL TIME: 1 HOURS 40 MINS
- 1 ½ lbs. of Booze Dogs’ Bluetick Bourbon Burger
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs or 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf sage, basil, or oregano, crushed
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Add meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until internal temperature registers 160ºF. Spoon off fat.
- In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.