Bratwurst Recipe Ideas for Fall: Prime Gin-Ister Brats with Roasted Tomato Crema & Sherry Onions
Bratwurst Recipe Ideas Ingredients
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 4 pre-cooked Prime Gin-Ister Brats
- 4 sausage buns, split open and toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced bread and butter pickles
How to Make Tomato Crema Prime Gin-Ister Brats
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and arrange them on a baking sheet. Roast until wilted and lightly caramelized, 15-18 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the butter and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onions and brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Turn the heat to high, add the sherry, and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat back to low and continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized about 15-20 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender, add the roasted tomatoes and all of their juices, the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire, and parsley. Pulse until smooth, and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill or pan-sear the spiked frankfurters over low heat until lightly charred on the outside and warm in the middle. Spread each toasted bun with the roasted tomato crema and then top with a brat, a spoonful of caramelized sherried onions, and several pickles.
Endless Bratwurst Recipe Ideas with Booze Dogs
At Booze Dogs, our bratwurst recipe ideas taste the best when cooking with our spiked frankfurters! We have bratwurst recipe ideas for every occasion, season, and social event. Check out our full collection of bratwurst recipe ideas on our Recipe page, or visit our website to shop our complete range of spiked frankfurters and spirit-infused meats!